June 30, 2015
Resolving a family legal issue in court will require that, among other things, you pay the filing fees to initiate your case. In fact, even if you don’t initiate the case but you need to respond to the filing, you will still have to pay the required filing fees in order for the court to process your request (or response or motion).
Given that different types of cases and filings are associated with different fees, below is a table that clearly outlines the current Colorado divorce and family court filing fees for some of the most common types of family law cases/issues.
While this overview can help you prepare for the costs of your family law case, when you need the best legal representation and case outcomes, don’t hesitate to contact a trusted Littleton divorce lawyer at Bahr & Kreidle.
2015 Colorado Family Court Filing Fees
|Type of Filing||Court Fee|
|Dissolution of a Civil Union|
|Legal Separation Petition|
|Entering a Decree or Judgment from another court||$166.00|
|Motion to Modify/Alter a Decree**||$105.00|
|Motion to Modify a Parenting Order (with DNA test results)||$70.00|
* To open a custody case (rather than to change the terms of an existing court order regarding custody).
** When the original decree was issued at least 60 days prior.
Additional Important Info about Filing Fees
- Fee waivers may be available – The court offers fee waivers for qualifying individuals. To request a fee waiver, you’ll have to complete Form JDF 205 and provide the required supporting documents to the court.
- Fees are regularly updated – The above-listed fees may change periodically as the court updates them. So, be sure to consult with the court or an attorney when preparing your case to ensure you are aware of the current fees.
- Filing fees can be just the base costs – So, be sure to budget accordingly, if necessary.
Littleton Divorce Lawyer at Bahr & Kreidle
Are you ready to proceed with a divorce? If so, it’s time to contact an experienced and skilled Littleton divorce lawyer at Bahr & Kreidle. Since 1983, the Littleton divorce lawyers have been dedicated to vigorously defending our clients’ rights and interests to help them favorably resolve their important family legal issues.
Our lawyers know how serious and devastating the impacts of divorce can be – that’s why we are committed to:
- Providing them with exceptional personal service and the highest quality legal representation
- Efficiently guiding our clients through the divorce process
- Helping them obtain the best possible outcomes while protecting what’s most important to them.
This means that our clients can always count on us to be available to answer their questions, to fiercely defend their rights and to be tenacious about bringing their case to a successful resolution.
Categories: Family Law