Picking up from where How to Choose the Best Personal Injury Attorney to Represent You (Pt. 1) left off, below we will continue discussing some helpful tips for choosing the best lawyer to represent you in your personal injury case.
More Tips for Choosing the Best Personal Injury Attorney
Tip 3 – Take a Deeper Look at an Attorney’s Professional Reputation
Once you have narrowed down your list of possible lawyers who specialize in cases like yours, you should then turn your researching skills to the state bar association where you can find out if a given personal injury attorney:
- Is, in fact, licensed in your state
- Has any official censures or negative marks on his professional record
- Has any accolades or professional awards that would set him or her above the pack.
Here, the point is that you shouldn’t just expect that a lawyer has the credentials (s)he claims to have and/or that (s)he has a record of acting ethically and professionally. Crosschecking a lawyer’s reputation with the state bar can be an easy and yet powerful way for you to rule out attorneys who may be less than effective, trustworthy and/or experienced.
Tip 4 – See What Former Clients Have to Say about a Personal Injury Attorney
As you delve into the professional reputation of a personal injury attorney, what his former clients have to say about their experience with him will be just as important as what his record is with the state bar association. This is because former clients can give you a valuable insight as to what you can expect in terms of the personal experience that a particular attorney can offer you.
Specifically, you should focus on elements of the attorney-client relationship that you may value, which may include factors like:
- Receiving regular case updates
- Getting phone calls and/or emails promptly returned
- Having direct access to the attorney (rather than primarily dealing with non-attorney staff at a law firm)
- Getting honest answers about your case and its progress.
Here, it’s also important to point out that:
- While reading client testimonials on the lawyer’s website can be informative, make an effort to look at reviews on third-party sites. These will likely provide a more well-rounded perspective.
- Consider calling a law firm and asking for references you can call on the phone. This can give you an opportunity to talk directly with former clients and ask specific questions about their experience (rather than only being privy to the aspects included in a posted review).
For some final tips on how to choose the best personal injury attorney, check out the upcoming conclusion to this blog.
Highlands Ranch, Colorado Personal Injury Lawyers at Bahr and Kreidle
Since 1983, the Highlands Ranch personal injury attorneys at Bahr and Kreidle have been fighting on behalf of injured people and aggressively standing up against injustice, inequality and intolerance. Our lawyers are committed to advocating injured people’s rights, helping them hold negligent parties responsible and ultimately getting them the highest possible awards for their injuries and losses.
If you are ready to move forward with the best personal injury attorney to handle your case, call us at (303) 794-7422 or email us using the form on this page.
From our law offices in Littleton, we represent clients throughout Colorado, including in the Denver Metro Area, Arapahoe County, Adams County, Jefferson County and the cities of Lakewood, Highlands Ranch, Lone Tree, Castle Rock, Westminster, Centennial and Aurora.