Whenever there is a domestic dispute, it can be a highly emotional time. Even if all parties are agreeable, tensions tend to run high—especially when there are children involved. Luckily, Colorado domestic laws aim to make the process as painless as possible and an experienced domestic relations law attorney can help guide you every step of the way.
The Colorado Domestic Code is aimed at making domestic relation disputes as equitable as possible. Unfortunately, domestic relations disputes can be incredibly stressful and emotional family members don’t often agree. During these times, a domestic law attorney can help protect your rights and the rights of your children. A domestic relations law attorney is essential to resolving emotional family disputes quickly and efficiently.
Colorado Domestic Relations Law Attorneys handle a multitude of family dispute issues, including:
- Property Settlement Disputes: A Colorado domestic law attorney will be able to help divide the debts and assets of your marriage equally. Financial issues can become complicated during a separation. Bank accounts and investments may need to be separated and divided and real estate may need to be liquidated prior to the divorce.
- Establishing Child Custody Disputes: Whenever a marriage is terminated and there are children involved, it is important for both parties to establish a custody agreement quickly. Determining how much and when a parent is allowed to visit their children can be tricky, but the law usually favors whatever is in the children’s best interest.
- Child Support, Alimony and Post Separation Support: Your attorney will be able to help resolve disputes regarding the payments of child support, alimony or post separation support. If spousal support or alimony is appropriate, your attorney will be able to advocate for you and your children. If an existing child support document needs to be modified, an attorney can help review both parties’ incomes to determine if there is cause for modification under Colorado law.
- Implementing and Modifying Child Custody and Visitation Agreements: A domestic law attorney can help disagreeable parties implement any child custody or visitation agreements. If a child custody agreement needs to be modified, your attorney will be able to determine if there is cause for the modification and help file the necessary documents.
- Divorce: A Colorado domestic law attorney will be able to help you file the paperwork that is necessary for a divorce. In addition, your attorney can help you and your spouse come to a mutual agreement regarding your estate and your children.
- Domestic Violence: If you are injured in domestic dispute, hiring a Colorado domestic law attorney is critical. Your attorney will need to work with police officials and family members to ensure your safety and the safety of your children.
- Grandparent Visitation Rights: Colorado law recognizes grandparent rights to visit their grandchildren. If you are a grandparent and are involved in a domestic dispute, a domestic law attorney can help you through the process of regaining your rights to visit your grandchildren.
Domestic issues can become incredibly complicated, but with fair and firm legal representation, you can protect your rights and get your life back on track.
The family law attorneys at Bahr, Kreidle & Flicker can answer your domestic law questions. Please call today for a free consultation – (303) 794-7422.