While serious traffic accidents are always horrible events, collisions that are caused by drunk drivers can be particularly tragic because they are entirely preventable and they often result in severe – if not fatal – injuries. In fact, according to Mother Against Drunk Drivers (MADD):
- Every day in the U.S., about 300,000 drivers choose to get behind the wheel when they are intoxicated.
- While one person is killed in a DUI accident every 51 or so minutes, another person is hurt in a drunk driving accident every 90 seconds.
- About 33 percent of all Americans will be involved in a DUI accident at least once in their lifetime (either as the drunk driver or the accident victim).
Despite the frequency of DUI accidents and their often terrible outcomes, people who are hit by drunk drivers should know that:
- While drunk drivers often face criminal charges and penalties, victims can also hold these negligent motorists accountable in civil court.
- Victims can obtain compensation for the damages and injuries caused by the drunk driver by filing a lawsuit.
- They will have the best chances of obtaining the full amount of compensation they deserve by working with the Littleton drunk driving accident attorneys at the Law Office of Bahr, Kreidle & Flicker.
Proving Negligence in DUI Accident Cases
Some of the ways in which our Littleton DUI accident lawyers can help victims prove that other drivers were drunk and, consequently, at-fault in the accident include by (but are not limited to):
- Reviewing the details of the police report
- Gathering essential evidence, including the results of BAC (blood alcohol content) testing, surveillance footage captured by police cruisers (or other cameras), etc.
- Interviewing witnesses and collecting official statements
- Reviewing the drunk driver’s criminal record to see if (s)he has a history of DUI
- Going up against insurance companies inside and outside of the courtroom
- Working relentlessly to help DUI accident victims obtain the best possible resolutions to their cases.
The Littleton, Colorado Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers at Bahr, Kreidle & Flicker
Since 1983, the Littleton DUI accident attorneys at Bahr, Kreidle & Flicker have been fighting on behalf of injured people and aggressively standing up against injustice, inequality and intolerance. After being hit by a drunk driver, injured people can count on our lawyers to advocate their rights, help them hold the drunk drivers responsible and ultimately help them get the highest possible awards for their injuries and losses.
At every stage of a case, our attorneys are dedicated to providing our clients with exceptional personal service and the highest quality legal representation. This means that our clients can always count on us to be available to answer their questions, to fiercely defend their rights and to be tenacious about getting them the justice and compensation they deserve.
A choice to work with the trusted Littleton DUI accident attorneys at the Law Office of Bahr, Kreidle & Flicker can empower injured people and give them confidence that their important legal matters will be resolved as favorably and efficiently as possible.
Contact Us for a Free Consult
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident caused by a drunk driver, our Littleton drunk driving accident lawyers urge you to get more information about your potential case and rights by meeting with us for a free, no obligations initial consultation. To set up a meeting, call us at (303) 794-7422 or email us using the form on this page.
From our law offices in Littleton, we represent clients throughout Colorado, including in the Denver Metro Area, Arapahoe County, Adams County, Jefferson County and in the cities of Lakewood, Highlands Ranch, Lonetree, Castlerock, Westminster, Centennial and Aurora.
Additional Car Accident Articles