Rollovers make up about 3 percent of all passenger vehicle accidents, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). However, as the NHTSA reports, rollover accidents account for about 1 out of every 3 (approximately 33 percent) of all traffic accident deaths.
One reason that rollovers are so deadly is that they increase the chances that the vehicle occupants will be thrown from vehicles (especially if they aren’t wearing their seatbelts). Additionally, these types of car accidents tend to result in fatal injuries because they can crush the roofs and sides of cars and, tragically, the vital organs of vehicle occupants.
When any type of negligence causes or contributes to rollovers, the Littleton rollover accident attorneys at the Law Office of Bahr, Kreidle & Flicker will be ready to fight for accident victims’ rights and help them hold the negligent parties accountable. One of our central aims is to help accident victims can get the compensation they are due so they can get access to the medical care they need and they can focus on their recovery and moving on with their lives.
How Negligence Can Cause Rollovers
Negligence can play a role in causing rollover car accidents when:
- Other drivers are drunk or distracted and, consequently, are not able to safely operate their own vehicle, hit other vehicles and cause rollovers.
- Other drivers – like, for instance, commercial truck drivers – are inexperienced and, therefore, do not know how to respond to changing road conditions in a safe or effective manner.
- Other drivers choose to drive aggressively or violate traffic laws by, for instance, speeding, cutting off other drivers and/or failing to yield the right-of-way.
- Vehicle equipment, like tires or brakes, is defective and fails to work properly.
- Vehicles – like, for example, sports utility vehicles or pickup trucks – have dangerous designs that place their centers of gravity too high and, consequently, increase the likelihood of rollovers.
- Roads are not safely designed or properly maintained, putting motorists at risk of hitting potholes, debris in the road or incomplete guardrails that may lead to rollovers.
FREE CASE EVALUATION
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident call us for a free case evaluation.
In such cases, any one or more of the following parties may be responsible for causing the rollover accident and, as a result, will likely be ordered to compensate accident victims for their medical bills, lost wages, car repair bills and other losses:
- Other negligent motorists
- The entity responsible for keeping the roads safe to travel on
- The manufacturer of defective vehicle equipment
- The car company that designed vehicles to have dangerously high centers of gravity.
The Littleton, CO Lawyers at Bahr, Kreidle & Flicker
Since 1983, the Littleton car accident attorneys at the Law Office of Bahr, Kreidle & Flicker have been fighting on behalf of injured people and aggressively standing up against injustice, inequality and intolerance. Our lawyers know how serious and devastating the impacts of rollover accidents can be, and we know that many injured people depend on settlements to get the medical treatments they need. That’s why we are committed to being here to:
- Advocate injured people’s rights
- Help them hold negligent parties responsible.
- Ultimately get them the highest possible awards for their injuries and losses.
A choice to work with the trusted Littleton car accident attorneys at the Law Office of Bahr, Kreidle & Flicker can empower injured people and give them confidence that their important legal matters will be resolved as favorably and efficiently as possible.
Let’s Talk about Your Rights – Contact Us for a Free Consult
If you or a loved one has been injured in a rollover accident or in any type of car accident, our Littleton rollover car accident lawyers urge you to get more information about your potential case and rights by meeting with us for a free, no obligations initial consultation. To set up a meeting, call us at (303) 794-7422 or email us using the form on this page.
From our law offices in Littleton, we represent clients throughout Colorado, including in the Denver Metro Area, Arapahoe County, Adams County, Jefferson County and in the cities of Lakewood, Highlands Ranch, Lonetree, Castlerock, Westminster, Centennial and Aurora.
Additional Car Accident Articles