Winter is here, and if you don’t already have a safety kit that you keep in your car, now is the time to get one together to ensure that you are as safe as possible during your wintertime travels. The reason that it’s so important to have winter car kits is that, when properly assembled, these kits can provide you with some crucial tools and gear that you may need if you:
Get into an accident during cold, snowy or unfavorable winter conditions
- End up stranded on the side of the road for any reason during the winter.
If, however, recovering from a traffic accident is more of a concern than your future safety on the roads, don’t hesitate to contact the experienced Littleton car accident attorneys at Bahr and Kreidle. Our lawyers are skilled, trusted professionals who will work diligently to help injured people obtain the compensation they need and likely deserve.
Winter Car Kits: Essential Tools to Include
Among the most essential components of effective winter car kits are the tools that these kits include, as having the right tools on hand during a wintertime breakdown can be critical to getting your vehicle up and running as soon as possible. In particular, some of the tools that you likely want to add to winter car kits include (but are by no means limited to):
- Tools to fix vehicles – When vehicles break down for more minor reasons, having the appropriate equipment on hand can help get the necessary repair(s) completed (and you back on the road) as quickly as possible. To this end, some tools you should strongly consider including in winter car kits include:
- Jumper cables
- Duct tape
- A hammer and screwdriver
- Tools to get vehicles out of the snow – If you will be driving in areas prone to snowfall, then make sure you have the tools you need in case your car ends up getting stuck in the snow. Such items can include:
- An ice scraper
- A small shovel
- Kitty litter or a bag of sand (to provide some extra traction if necessary)
- Tow chains and/or tire chains
For our ongoing discussion of winter car kits, don’t miss the second and third installments of this blog. They will be published soon.
You Can Trust a Littleton Car Accident Attorney at Bahr and Kreidle
Have you been hurt in a car accident or any type of traffic collision? If so, it’s time to contact the Littleton car accident attorneys at Bahr and Kreidle.
To get more information about your potential case and rights, schedule a free, no obligations initial consultation with one of our lawyers. You can set up a meeting by calling us at (303) 794-7422 or emailing us using the form on this page.
From our law offices in Littleton, we represent clients throughout Colorado, including in the Denver Metro Area, Arapahoe County, Adams County, Jefferson County and the cities of Lakewood, Highlands Ranch, Lone Tree, Castle Rock, Westminster, Centennial and Aurora.